1. Coordination & Funding:
- Coordinated by the Non-Communicable Diseases unit and Health Information Unit of
the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka.
- Funded by the World Diabetes Foundation.
- Design a platform for early detection and referral of persons with Diabetes and
- Create a comprehensive digital information system for detection, decision support,
provision of care, and broader planning of Diabetes and Non-Communicable diseases.
3. Incorporation of Digital Goods:
- Utilizes digital public goods like DHIS2 and OpenSRP.
- Integration with the National e-Health Registry and several existing electronic medical
4. Role of HISP Sri Lanka:
- Serves as the principal technology partner for the project.
- Designs and customizes DHIS2 and OpenSRP platforms.
- Manages the FHIR environment during the project.
- Integrates with FHIR and other EMR solutions.
- Provides training and capacity building.
- Collaborates with other implementing countries, including Tanzania and Malawi.
5. Contribution & Impact:
- Serves as a proof of concept for implementing the proposed digital health blueprint of
- HISP Sri Lanka participates in regular connectathons by the Ministry of Health, aiding